:)

:)

Monday, February 10, 2014

Soup OR Bowl Party

I don't know about you guys, but I grew up watching Boy Meets World. And if you've seen all the episodes, I'm sure you must remember the episode where the boys have to get tickets to the super bowl and Topanga can't help them.  


Ever since this episode it has been my dream to have a Soup OR Bowl party. Mostly because I don't like football and so the day has no meaning for me. But, I also love celebrating just about anything. Even fake holidays (like Pi day, just you wait...)

So I threw a Soup OR Bowl party. The idea being that you can have soup, but you can't have the soup in a bowl. 

 We also made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the party, and guess what, I'm sharing the recipe with you :)

1 Cup shortening
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 12 oz. package chocolate chips
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups canned pumpkin

Cream together shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. 

It makes a ton of cookies! Like 5 dozen or something. So what you can do is scoop them into balls, put them on a cookie sheet and freeze. Then put them in a bag so that you can cook them up anytime you want! 

Anyway, here are some highlights from the party!
 The cups for the soup :)


 Believe it or not, my friend Josh organized the spoons like that. I was pretty impressed.
Our movie selection. We ended up watching Meet the Robinsons, in which I completely forgot that my friend's last name was Robinson and made a total fool of myself. Then died laughing for about 10 minutes...

I also tried out the bag roll tip. It worked like a charm! How did no one think of this before?

And last, a picture of  the after party in the pirate ship :) (all our couches arranged like a ship and filled with pillows and blankets)
Hope you guys enjoyed the super bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment