:)

:)

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The 25 Days of Christ

The 25 Days of Christ: Has a scripture and a link to a picture and video for every day in December.
This year I decided to do the 25 days of Christ. I only found it a month or so before December started... and then completely forgot about it. The beginning of December was CRAZY busy for me. Once it finally calmed down and a remembered that Christmas was coming I was already a week into the month!

But, I decided that this was something that I didn't want to wait on till next year. So instead I started on day 1 and did two days worth every day until I caught up (well mostly, except for the day that I got sick...). I must say, it was amazing. The scriptures listed take you from his birth, to death and resurrection. It was a beautiful way to look at his life rather than just looking at his birth.

Though I must give this caveat, instead of getting me into the Christmas season, it made me forget all about it. I didn't care as much that Christmas was coming and I never did get that kind of Christmas wonder this year. What I did gain was a greater appreciation for my Savior and it helped me focus a little more on the lives of those around me.

If you did it this year too, let me know! And be sure to keep it in mind for the next Christmas season, or any month really where you want to feel a little closer to Christ. :) You could even do it leading up to Easter since it does cover his resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment