:)

:)

Friday, February 21, 2014

Homemade Mac n' cheese

So blogger friends, I've come to hate taking pictures of all the steps for making pins. Like seriously, hate. So unless someone protests, I'm just going to post the end product. And the recipe. And the original pin. Basically all the other things, just not the step by step. UNLESS I change a step, then I will take pictures of that. 

We made this mac and cheese last Thursday. It's really simple. Like most of the things I post about. Pretty much I started this blog because I'm just a normal girl. A girl who didn't cook a lot (um... we cooked every day the last two weeks...) who taught herself how to french braid only a year or two ago, doesn't craft, may have sewn her prom dress in high school, but it was a really long time ago. Anyway, I wanted to do this blog so you could see what really works, what only seems like it works, and that pretty much anyone can have the life that they want, be the person that they want to be, if you just decide to do it. Also, that we can all be creative. I've made up a few pins, made up a few recipes, and found some amazing things. So yeah, there's my random rant...

Anyway here is the recipe :)

Here's what you'll need:
1 tablespoon salt
2 cups uncooked pasta of choice
2 tablespoon butter
2 cups grated cheese
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk, warmed

How to: 
Cook the pasta al dente (2 minutes less than instructions).  While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.  Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.  Whisk in the flour.  Slowly add the milk while whisking, creating a smooth sauce.  Slowly whisk in the cheese until melted.  Do not overcook.  Mix in the cooked pasta. 

You may want to double the recipe if you're cooking for your family. We split it between three people and we all loved it (4 stars), but it was only one bowl a piece. I guess if you're doing it as a side then that's ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment