:)

:)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A More Personal Relationship with the Savior-12 Week Study

I should probably start off this post by saying that I am LDS, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or as you may know us the "mormons". This is my mormon.org profile if you want to know more about what we believe.

Anyway, another reason why I joined pinterest was for things like this
I am currently on week 7. By the way, here is the original pin. You can print off your own there if you want :)

Anyway, this has been fantastic. I've been really caught up in myself lately. Especially this month because of NaNo  and each scripture has helped refocus me. Some of the scriptures I already knew pretty well, like the first one, Helaman 5:12, which is one of my favorite scripture mastery scriptures.
However, most of them have been scriptures that I haven't known as well. Like 3 Nephi 13:14-21. That one really hit me for a couple reasons. I've been thinking more about "laying up treasure" lately, but also because of the part about forgiveness. I've always been one who thought that everything was black and white. Very justice oriented. I've tempered that a lot, but sometimes it still likes to sneak out. It's hard for me to forgive, but it's something that still needs to be done. For my sake as well as theirs. This journey has really helped me to become more like I should, especially when it seems that everything is pulling me the other way.

Anyway, I encourage you all to try it out! Let me know if you have any questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment