:)

:)

Friday, December 6, 2013

Duolingo: Free Language Learning App!

Hey everyone!

I found this awesome app on Pinterest. I was a little skeptical at first. After all, how good can an app be if it's free? Don't get me wrong, I haven't paid for a single app on my phone. Not one. But when it comes to learning a language, I was pretty sure that this was going to be the stupidest app ever.

I was wrong.

This app is amazing! I have been telling everyone I know about it. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I really am impressed. One of my bucket list goals since high school has been to learn all 5 romance languages and since I already learned a little spanish in middle school, I figured that this was a great place to start.
Duolingo
Here is a handy link to their site! Duolingo Website

My top 5 reasons why this app is fantastic:
1. It's free
Let's be honest, free is the greatest
2. It reminds you to practice every day
You don't have to practice everyday, but a little reminder is good because life gets crazy
3. It makes you speak it
that's write, you don't just translate, you speak it into a microphone
4. It makes you write it
5. It tells you what new words mean
When I first started using it, most of the words were at least familiar to me. Now I'm getting into words that I've either forgotten or never learned before, but if you click on it, it will repeat the word, and then tell you a definition.

Try it out! Spanish isn't the only language that they offer English, German, French, Portuguese and Italian.
Whether you want to learn it because you're planning to take a trip out of the country, or you just want to learn it so you can add to your overall awesomeness this app gets my wholehearted stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment