:)

:)

Friday, January 3, 2014

Dollar Store Lanterns

I can't take all the credit for this one. I was out with my friend looking for glasses for my Soup or Bowl party, and she was the one that wanted to do this craft. I ended up doing two of the three lanterns. Here is the original pin :)
sticks and clear glass candle cups or on the rocks glasses

Instead of using super glue, we used a hot glue gun, although after having done it, I think I'd recommend using the super glue.

We just got some decorative sticks from the dollar store and then cut them into different lengths. It doesn't really matter what sizes you do as long as they're varied. I HIGHLY recommend organizing them into sizes. Originally we had them all just in a pile and I got so annoyed trying to find the size I wanted that I stopped and organized them.
We just superglued them on. No rhyme or reason to which ones you use when! It's totally up to you :)
We just added some rocks to the bottom and tea lights and voila! Beautiful lanterns :)
I just wanted to note that they don't even have to be vases! The smaller two are just glasses of different sizes :)
It only took us about one movie to finish the whole thing.
Good luck!

Hope you all had a great new year! We did a breakfast new year's day and made the french toast roll ups! They were a total hit! I even had someone ask if they could come to breakfast every day :)
Anyway, good luck with your resolutions! Especially if they have anything to do with making new things ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment