:)

:)

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Warrior Braid Tutorial

So this is a braid that I made up about a year ago. I got the idea from watching once upon a time, Mulan's hair. I liked that it was poofy on top and tight on the sides. This was the result :) Funnily enough you have probably seen something very similar to it on Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. Alice's hair is just like this, except dutch braids going into a fishtail.

Supplies:
3 hairties
a comb
maybe some lotion (my little sister's hair had a lot of static)

Step 1: Brush out hair
Step 2: Separate your top section out.  Step 3: French braid the top section

Steps 4 and 5: French braid both sides (I braid all the way down for convenience). I also try and angle the braid up toward the top of the head. Although you don't have to.

Step 6: Undo top braid to the point where you can start adding in hair. I usually have to braid just a little bit farther than I did originally before I start adding in the side braids.

Step 7: French braid the rest of the way down. I take out the hair ties for the side braids when I get to them at the bottom of the braid.
And here is the finished product! :)



Here is a picture from my very first attempt at the braid a year ago
And just so you know, it can be done on yourself, it's just way easier to have someone else do it. This is the best I could do. I did it like this for Halloween 2012
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment