:)

:)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Teriyaki Chicken

I've taken forays into the world of pinterest recipes before... with varied success. Today I tried out this recipe.

Simple 5 ingredient Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

Ingredients
  1. 1lb chicken (sliced, cubed or however)
  2. 1c chicken broth
  3. 1/2c Teriyaki or soy sauce ( with or without sesame seeds)
  4. 1/3c brown sugar
  5. 3 minced garlic cloves
  6. Corn Starch
Instructions
  1. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot then in separate bowl whisk together remaining 4 ingredients then pour onto chicken in crock pot.
  2. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.If sauce is runny mix 2 tbs of cornstarch with 2 tbs water and pour it into the sauce.


I doubled the recipe since it turns out that 1 pound of chicken was only 2 chicken breasts. 
It worked like a dream! I didn't slice or cube my chicken breast because the chicken was completely frozen when I went to work this morning. 

I weighed my chicken on a digital scale and didn't bother to thicken the sauce.
This is the result.

I cooked it on low for 7 hours and it was so tender :) I served it with a salad and voila! Simple delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment