:)

:)

Monday, November 25, 2013

So-Easy Chocolate Souffle (AKA the super cheater souffle)

So today I crossed off a bucket list item... Actually not really, but I made souffles. Which is on my bucket list, but I don't think I'm counting this one.

Here is the original pin
So-Easy Chocolate Souffle

Basically I am in love with the food network and ever since Chef Ramsey said that even professional bakers quake at the thought of souffles, I had to do it!

So I prepped...
I even did the awesome "put every ingredient into separate bowls already measured out so we can feel like we're on a cooking show" thing. Which made me feel pretty epic. But I did not take a picture of it. Also, in case you were wondering, the bear tin is what we keep our sugar in.

So I microwaved the chocolate and cream. And ended up with
this.
Looks tasty right? I divided it in half like it said to and put the part I was adding to the egg whites in the fridge.
The half that I didn't put in the fridge ended up getting powdered sugar because it was kind of bitter :)
That's me whipping the egg whites. I'm not ashamed to say that I used 5 eggs because I broke the first egg yolk. Thank goodness it was the first egg yolk instead of the last.
I ended up cooking mine in 10 oz. Ramikins and only did two. I had a lot of left overs though!
I cooked them for probably 16 minutes, and here was the result :)

uncooked
 cooked
 After I spooned in the other half (let's be honest, they're kind of glorified lava cakes, still delicious though!)


Try it out and let me know how it goes for you guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment