:)

:)

Monday, February 17, 2014

Tomatillo Ranch Chicken

Ok, so I have no idea when we made this one. Last week I think. We've tried recipes for Cafe Rio dressing before and this one was pretty similar... didn't stop it from being pretty amazing! Ok, I lied, we made it before the wedding on Saturday.
It was pretty simple!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 cup mayo (my sister told me it HAS to be mayo, not miracle whip...I have no idea the difference)
  • ½ cup buttermilk
  • 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
  • 2½ teaspoons garlic
  • 1 cup cilantro
  • 4 tomatillos, husked and chopped
  • ½ teaspoon lime juice
  • 3-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

oh, here's the original pin
Looks tasty doesn't it? :)


 Pretty much you put everything but the chicken in the blender and blend till it's smooth

 Marinade the chicken in one cup of the dressing (set the rest aside) for at least 30 minutes. I think we did about an hour.
Bake the chicken at 375 for 25-35 minutes.

We also cooked some rice in chicken broth. Then put the remaining dressing over the chicken and rice. We did one cup rice, and next time I would do at least 2. We had plenty of left over dressing too. Just refrigerate and it makes for great dipping sauce with tortillas or nachos... or even salad! :)
Please don't judge my lack of more awesome dishes... Ha ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment