:)

:)

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Valentines Series: Better than Thin mint poke cake

 Ok, so I made it huge. It had to be, look at how delicious that is!

We made this for our Valentines Dessert! It was delicious. I wouldn't advise starting with that large of a piece though. It's pretty rich!

Funnily enough I don't love BTS cake. But this, was great! Here's the original pin.

What you'll need:

  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 12 oz. can Hershey's chocolate fudge
  • Eggs, oil... (whatever your box cake calls for)
  • Mint extract
  • 1 package keeblers thin mint fudge cookies
  • 16 oz cool whip


How to:

  1. Bake your cake! (9x13 pan)
  2. Let it cool
  3. Poke holes in your cake. I used the bottom of a wooden spoon, because that's what the pin says to do... my holes got larger and larger because the cake stared sticking to my spoon. Take it how you will. Evenly space them.
  4. Pour sweetened condensed milk into holes. I used half the can because I don't like my cake to be too moist.
  5. Crush your cookies and divide in half
  6. Heat up your hot fudge for about 30-40 seconds just so it's soft.
  7. Mix in half of your cookie crumbs and pour over cake.
  8. Mix your cool whip with a couple drops mint extract. If you want your cake to look more... grasshoppery, for lack of a better word, you can add a little food coloring to make it look green.
  9. Spread over cake.
  10. Put the other half of the cookie crumbs on top and chill for at least 4 hours!
I give it 4 stars! We still have leftover cake! Like a lot. Throw a party, or eat it all yourself. I won't judge ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment